OPEN FOR BUSINESS AWARD – TOP 3 IN BC
- Colwood’s summer beach events earned the City an Open for Business Award from BC Small Business.
- Eliminated business licenses in 2016
- Demonstrating Colwood is open for business and welcomes innovative entrepreneurs
- A growing number of opportunities for retail, dining, office, light industrial with Colwood Corners, Royal Bay, Royal Beach and the Allandale Lands.
COLDEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR
- February 22 was the first ever CNOY Walk on the West Shore, hosted by Pacific Centre Family Services Association and Our Place Society.
- Members of Colwood Council and staff were out walking to support vital programs for people who are hurt, hungry or homeless in our community.
- 173 walkers, 27 teams, 18 volunteers, 5 members of Colwood Council
- Over $22,000 raised
- Colwood is a supportive community
SHELF READY DESIGNS FOR TRANSPORTATION & PUBLIC REALM IMPROVEMENTS
- A number of projects that will enhance the public realm, improve the safety and convenience of walking, cycling and driving, and attract new investment.
- Metchosin Road – Sooke to Royal Bay (sidewalks, cycling, lighting, landscaping)
- Sooke Road – Metchosin to VMP (sidewalks, cycling, lighting, landscaping)
- Roundabout at Latoria & VMP – enable Olympic View development
- Intersection of Sooke & Metchosin – safety upgrades
- Allandale Road – intersection, roads, sidewalks, cycling, lighting, landscaping
COLWOOD DAIRY & CHEESE
- Colwood Council designated it a heritage building to ensure its protection
- Built in 1852
- Oldest building in the West Shore and one of 6 in BC
- Incredible example of early settlement and agriculture
2330 SOOKE ROAD
- Preparing the land for the construction of 18 townhomes, 27 condos, and 32 rental apartments.
- Great example of integrating development into the environment – protection of trees, buffer between established neighbourhood, and targeting 40% open space preserved.
- Sooke Road identified as a transit corridor and growth area in the OCP.
- Frontage improvements: road, sidewalk, cycling, transit & landscaping.
- The City anticipates a building application to come forward for the proposed