- 100,000 masks being distributed (at cost)
- being delivered to businesses
- till shields, face shields and hand sanitizers available via mobile PPE stocked vans
- $1,000 - $2,000 worth of PPE equipment sold daily
- daily one of these PPE supply vans will be parked in front of City Hall for residents
- in-home testing still available
Please note that we conduct these podcasts somewhat on the fly...they're very impromptu...we are certainly not in a recording studio...LOL! But the information needs to get out to the community asap...today Mayor Young reviews:
- his summary of the current status of the of the virus in his community
- his analysis of government recovery and assistance programs:
- a reflection of Langford's in-home testing program
- the new construction site working rules announced April 3rd
General discussions about:
- re-inforcing practises to keep healthy
- where to find testing kits...how much do test kits cost?
- how testing is a mission one priority
- masks - we need more!
- the necessity of a crisis manager to be a central operations manager
- health care workers are our heroes!
- door to door food delivery precautions
- procurement policies & pipeline politics
- reinforcing strategies to stop community spread:
- stay home
- wash hands
- implement physical distancing
- visit https://covidlangford.com/
- call 778-600-0240 for help
- Langford to implement "In Home Testing" partnering with Forbes Pharmacy
- service to expand to Westshore Communities including View Royal, Metchosin, Colwood & Sooke.
This is the first (March 26th) of a regular series of podcast updates from Mayor Young about the COVID-19 Global Pandemic.
Municipality of Langford resources for help and assistance:
- COVID-19 Langford Response Team - https://covidlangford.com/
- COVID-19 Call Center - 778-600-0240