May 28, 2020
We chatted with Graham Hafey, CEO V2V Black Hops Brewing Company.
- we review the background business objectives to V2V Black Hops brewing
- we chat about the myriad of V2V products (8 beers on tap) and the motivation behind the beer themes
- outdoor patio is open...we chat about re-opening strategies & psychological impact of customers re-initiating demand & their buying environment (must be safe)
- live music entertainment planned
- military movie nights
- we review Graham's overview of the Westshore hospitality business
- Graham reviews his charity oriented business model
- we review government business subsidy programs
May 25, 2020
We review the Westshore economy with a Langford based Civil Engineering leader (https://www.wbrook.ca/):
- they are busier than ever / construction is busier than ever
- reviewing their digital office transformation (ZOOM, Microsoft Teams)
- we review implementation protocols…brand new skills have been learned…a draft team meeting etiquette has been created
- amazed at the staff productivity from home, but healthy, creative banter is missing…team morale could be impacted…we chat about staff coffees at Timmy's - can they be replaced online?
- "only as strong as your staff" - look after them…Mike talks examples
- a new workplace might remain hybrid (home & office)
- business in Langford hasn't stopped
- revenue has increased for many companies, including Westbrook
May 25, 2020
We review the last couple of months:
- staff & constituent concerns
- we're now at the "beginning of the middle"
- new concerns:
- how do we re-build?
- what is the new normal?
- how to transition the federal programs to a "new normal" Read the rest of this entry »
May 6, 2020
This is a "must" listen session with John Ranns, Mayor of Metchosin.