- 100,000 masks being distributed (at cost)
- being delivered to businesses
- till shields, face shields and hand sanitizers available via mobile PPE stocked vans
- $1,000 - $2,000 worth of PPE equipment sold daily
- daily one of these PPE supply vans will be parked in front of City Hall for residents
- in-home testing still available
We understand the success of Colwood’s recovery depends on how we help our residents and businesses through these challenging times.
- Last night council passed a 0% residential tax lift and a business tax reduction that over the next 5 years will match the average business rate in the CRD.
In this episode we talk to District of Highlands Mayor Ken Williams about the park closures due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and how the Highlands is British Columbia's most efficient municipality!
Record April 20th 2020
Thanks to View Royal Mayor David Screech for an overview of View Royal's response to the COVID health crisis. Highlights:
- 4 mile pub / 6 mile pub / casino - all major revenue sources for the municipality, all closed
- View Royal staff becoming the defacto information portal for the community
In our first "Recorded" Podcast with Esquimalt-Metchosin MLA Mitzi Dean we talk about a number of topics related to life in the Westshore and across our Province.
Both John and Kelly would like to express our sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone in MLA Deans office that continue to work and help local residents in this very stressful and challenging environment.
COVID-19 Topics and Links
- Small Business BC Covid Information - https://covid.smallbusinessbc.ca/hc/en-us
- WestShore Chamber of Commerce dedicated COVID-19 web page - https://www.westshore.bc.ca/covid19.html
Gender Equity in B.C.
- Mitzi Dean is the Parliamentary Secretary for Gender Equity - https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/gender-equityh
We also talked about the co-operative nature and communication between the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments.
Esquimalt-Metchosin Constituency Office
In this podcast with Lindsay, Co-owner of Country Bee Honey Farm (6440 West Saanich Rd) discusses:
- their planned walking & pollinating tour
- Lindsay reviews all the farm animals located at their business for folks to visit and enjoy
- we had fun talking about lean-to's...
- there are over 50 bee-hives at the farm
- we chat about Agri-Tourism development on the Peninsula
- likely more stay-cations this summer
- move to local food & support local
- we talk about multi-ZOOM virtual dinner table meetings... :)
We chatted with Esquimalt Mayor Barb Desjardins about Esquimalt's COVID 19 response. She reviewed what has happened, what is happening and most intriguing what will happen in the near future. Listen in to this concisely planned and managed response to our Global Health crisis.
Please note that we conduct these podcasts somewhat on the fly...they're very impromptu...we are certainly not in a recording studio...LOL! But the information needs to get out to the community asap...today Mayor Young reviews:
- his summary of the current status of the of the virus in his community
- his analysis of government recovery and assistance programs:
- a reflection of Langford's in-home testing program
- the new construction site working rules announced April 3rd
We discuss the City of Colwood's:
- response to stopping the spread of COVID-19
- working relationship with the Provincial Health Officer
- preparation for future economic impacts
- immediate budget implications - "moving towards a 0% tax lift"
The Mayor also discusses the emotional & mental impact of this health crisis on the Colwood community.