We review the last couple of months:
- staff & constituent concerns
- we're now at the "beginning of the middle"
- new concerns:
- how do we re-build?
- what is the new normal?
- how to transition the federal programs to a "new normal"
- non-partisan cooperation has been extra-ordinary
- no playbook for this economy
- program tweaking & feedback was acted on immediately
Post Covid Economy
- health crisis needs to be under control
- must consider deficit management at some-time in the near future
- how to strengthen broken supply chains within Canada
- strengthening manufacturing sector & economic resiliency
- shop local
- we chat food security (Alistair is the NDP critic for Agriculture & Rural Economic Development) / establish strong local food hubs / localized food production
Mental Health Issues
- we chat about numerous community reactions including First Nations & long-term care homes